Textile Tantrums

I am obsessed with fibres, thread, cloth, paint and all things textiles! Unfortunately I am also a procrastinator extraodinarire who spends more time reading, surfing the net and admiring the materials than creating! I struggle to translate my ideas into textiles - hence the tantrums!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Inspirational Postage Stamps




In addition to the lovely ATC Deb sent me a little card of one of her quilts and even the stamps on the envelope were inspirational.....
Giving me more ideas for stripes. These will be going in the new journal that I've started.




1 Comments:

  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Deb Hardman said…

    Dear Leann, I m glad even the stamps made you happy. I got to see the exhibit of the Gees Bend Quilts last summer when I visited Seattle. It was a very moving experience to see such humble quilts, hung in a gallery setting in such a reverant way. They had soft gospel music playing in the background, & recordings of interviews with the women who made the quilts. I had seen the film of the women & their quilts on PBS, & remember crying when they talked about how much their quilting had changed their lives. It was very validating to see them appreciated in such a way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home