Textile Tantrums

I am obsessed with fibres, thread, cloth, paint and all things textiles! Unfortunately I am also a procrastinator extraodinarire who spends more time reading, surfing the net and admiring the materials than creating! I struggle to translate my ideas into textiles - hence the tantrums!

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Preparation for Ruth Issett's Masterclass


I am going for the final 2 days of Ruth Issett's masterclass at Art Van Go at the end of this week. Well they were meant to be the last sessions but they have added 2 days next year for those who want to participate in an exhibition. I haven't signed up for this and am still debating as I feel very out of my depth in this class. i think I mentioned before that others on the course had either been on many of Ruth's courses, completed C&G part 2 or were tutors themselves!!! Once I decided to just take this as a learning opportunity and ignore the dreaded words MASTERCLASS I got on a lot better and enjoyed myself a lot more.

Today I have been dyeing in plastic bags. Some of the fabrics had already been printed with coloured leaf shapes and the others had been monoprinted with white paint. These pieces are drying in the tumble dryer (I have nowhere for them to dry naturally).

I also decided to paint some more papers for collaging and design work and managed to utilise the one kitchen work surface available to me.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:21 AM, Blogger Purple Missus said…

    How about some photos of your plastic bag dyed pieces? If they're as colourful as your papers they should look stunning.

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I hope you enjoyed the Ruth Isset course, It can be daunting on some of these workshops can't it,
    Nowadays, I tend to go with the view if I learn one thing that can be of use in the future, then I am happy.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger baobab said…

    Know how you feel, felt the same at my first workshop... but for me it was the first time I'd even been in an art classroom... it's like you say you just have to enjoy it .. you can learn as much from the people around you and even teach them a thing or two!

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger baobab said…

    Know how you feel, felt the same at my first workshop... but for me it was the first time I'd even been in an art classroom... it's like you say just enjoy it .. you can learn as much from the people around you and even teach them a thing or two!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home