Textile Tantrums

I am obsessed with fibres, thread, cloth, paint and all things textiles! Unfortunately I am also a procrastinator extraodinarire who spends more time reading, surfing the net and admiring the materials than creating! I struggle to translate my ideas into textiles - hence the tantrums!

Friday, March 30, 2007

What can you do with pink and green?


Here's my display board for the exhibition. I only took this one picture really quickly and will take some more close ups when I collect it tomorrow. Can you tell my favourite colour is pink?
I absolutely love the combination of pink and green - especially fuschia and lime, for me they really 'pop'.
I still have so many 'samples' and ideas I want to try out with these colours and stripes, then I want to move onto blue and orange!
Will go to AVG tomorrow and collect the board and my sketchbook. I found it harder leaving my sketchbook behind as it is so personal and precious to me. It is the first time in ages that I have filled a sketchbook in such a short space of time (a year!) Will post pictures of some of the other work as well

8 Comments:

  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Sharon Serrano Ahmed said…

    I love your pink and green! Please discuss more of your process on the C&G yahoo group for us!
    SHaron

     
  • At 1:49 AM, Blogger Vicki said…

    Leanne - these images do indeed 'pop' and glow - I love them. I have so many Markal paintstiks that I need to experiment with them some time as well - this gives me some ideas and encouragement to have a go.

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Digitalgran said…

    Hi Leanne. This is a fantastic board of work. Lucky you having a Masterclass with RI. I'm not sure if I have told you this before?

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Susan D said…

    Hi Leanne - Well done on the work you did at your Masterclass, I love what you have done. I can tell that you like to use colour in your work, I do as well.

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger maggie said…

    really nice work! no need to worry about what the other work looked like. yours is really well done.

    maggie

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Leanne Hurren said…

    Thanks everyone for your kind words and support - really appreciate it!

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fantastic work. The colours are great. I loved up. Look forward to seeing more.
    Lizbet

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Deb Hardman said…

    Beautiful work Leanne. I love the combination of pink & green, it reminds me of summer in Alaska. The fireweed are those colors. It's my favorite wild flower.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home