Textile Tantrums

I am obsessed with fibres, thread, cloth, paint and all things textiles! Unfortunately I am also a procrastinator extraodinarire who spends more time reading, surfing the net and admiring the materials than creating! I struggle to translate my ideas into textiles - hence the tantrums!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Creativity Course and Dyeing Fabric

Went along to my monthly class at the Bramble Patch with Brenda Boardman (http://www.brenboardman.com/) on Saturday and had a really relaxing day. Work has been very stressful at the moment and will continue to be for the next month at least. I ddin't really feel like getting my stuff together and driving to Northampton but I'm really glad I did - good company and lots of fun!
I thought I wouldn't get anything done - just a chance to unwind and soak up the atmosphere but I managed to get all my fabric in dye and then washed it all out on the Sunday. I've found that Vince is actually very well behaved when you are busy doing things - it is when you are sitting down that he doesn't like it!!
Here's a shot of the fabrics I dyed - colours based on the shells from the Zoology museum. Hoping to make a very simple, contemporary quilted hanging in these colours (fuschia / red, black and more of a cream than yellow - this fabric may be too dark). Thinking of using some simple strip piecing and machine quilting with some simple hand stitching added.

Fabrics include silk velvet, cotton and cotton sateen.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:55 AM, Blogger Purple Missus said…

    ooh very nice. Love the purpley one at the front.

     
  • At 4:20 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    Hi Leanne,
    I've just found you... I'm pretty new to blogging (about a week) so finding it very exciting. Really good to see what you've been up to since our masterclass - some lovely work! And as for that puppy... he is gorgeous but I guess you already knew that! Keep in touch... I've put a link on my blog.

     
  • At 2:56 AM, Blogger Carol said…

    Lovely colours Leanne. It looks as though you had a lot of fun.

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Great fabrics - can't wait to see what you do with them all.

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Shirley Goodwin said…

    Thanks for dropping by my blog Leanne. Would you like to join the Dyers Webring? You are clearly a suitable member!

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger Digitalgran said…

    What lovely fabrics! Very inspiring colours there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home