Textile Tantrums

I am obsessed with fibres, thread, cloth, paint and all things textiles! Unfortunately I am also a procrastinator extraodinarire who spends more time reading, surfing the net and admiring the materials than creating! I struggle to translate my ideas into textiles - hence the tantrums!

Monday, May 07, 2007

Cathedral Sample - picture at last!


So this is one of the thermofaxed images that I have started to work on. I screened xpandaprint through and heated it with an iron on the reverse. I then dabbed gold lumiere paint onto it using a stencil brush. To dull it down a bit and add more depth I dabbed on some liquitex bronze acrylic paint. I have started to outline the shapes with a dark gold thread - will post more pictures as I go along!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I'm so pleased you've posted your work on your blog - I;m sure lots of peple will like to see how you progress.
    See you at the next class.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    Fab, great colours and i love the irregularity of such a formal piece of architecture.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger maggie said…

    really enjoying watching your progess on this. thanks for all the detailed info about the paints, etc. that you used. i often wonder what materials are used to get a piece to look the way it does. you are off to a great start. please keep us posted each step of the way!

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Barbara said…

    I found your blog in the world of blogger and I only can say: Wonderful, fantastic work! Will visit again!!
    Greetings Barbara

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Penny said…

    I am finding your textile stuff a great help in what I am doing, or trying to do!. Love the pups.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home