Textile Tantrums

I am obsessed with fibres, thread, cloth, paint and all things textiles! Unfortunately I am also a procrastinator extraodinarire who spends more time reading, surfing the net and admiring the materials than creating! I struggle to translate my ideas into textiles - hence the tantrums!

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Textile pictures at last!!!

For those of you that hate dogs....back to the textiles!



I have finally finished stitching my cathedral piece and have been debating what to do with it. I used a really nice multi coloured metallic with a black core (madeira) for the stained glass windows - absolutely gorgeous when you scribble with the machine!






Anyway I had thought to use this on a book cover or maybe a box lid but when I went to Brenda's creative potential class she suggested I incorporate it into a wall hanging. I had a pile of painted / screen printing / block printed fabrics and papers all around a medieval theme. Unfortunately because I lack the space at home (and was too scared to start!!) I hadn't started to put them together. Having read Traci Bautista's fantastic book 'Collage Unleashed' I decided I wanted a random collage type hanging. I usually work very symmetrically and I was keen to move away from this.


Brenda (as always) was a great help and at the Bramble Patch I was able to get all my pieces up on the design wall to see what I had. I started putting the pieces together...
Having trouble with picture will have to add later!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home