Textile Tantrums

I am obsessed with fibres, thread, cloth, paint and all things textiles! Unfortunately I am also a procrastinator extraodinarire who spends more time reading, surfing the net and admiring the materials than creating! I struggle to translate my ideas into textiles - hence the tantrums!

Monday, May 07, 2007

Creativity Course and Cathedrals


Using the thermofax screen I printed LOTS of cathedral arches on different fabrics, papers etc. I used hand dyed cotton, black discharge cotton velvet, black cotton sateen, undyed cotton, abaca tissue, coloured papers from C&G. I used discharge paste on its own and mixed with gold paint, I used a lot of black setacolour transparent fabric paint and also xpandaprint through the screen. One thing that I would like to try but didn't get round to is putting glue through the screen (PVA) and then using foil over the top (you need to wash the screen immediately so the glue doesn't block it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home