Textile Tantrums

I am obsessed with fibres, thread, cloth, paint and all things textiles! Unfortunately I am also a procrastinator extraodinarire who spends more time reading, surfing the net and admiring the materials than creating! I struggle to translate my ideas into textiles - hence the tantrums!

Monday, April 16, 2007

Sorry the last post was so long


...it rambled on a bit!! But I have to say I found it really useful as a way of getting my thoughts and ideas out. Looks like I will be using this blog as an online diary - even if no one else is interested or reading I will be!


I have to say a big THANK YOU to the ladies on the Textiles Challenges group as it was their encouragement that gave me the push I needed. Actually starting to work with fabrics and samples has got my ideas flowing again!!


Forgot to mention - this felted fabric is quite sturdy but malleable - would work well for a 3d structure or vessel. I've been looking at Janet Edmond's book 'The beginners guide to embroidered boxes' and that has given me more ideas - especially the book boxes at the back.


5 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This piece is gorgeous! I love Janet Edmonds work and have both her books - very inspiring.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger English Rose said…

    Leanne, so glad you have decided to just play - your work is stunning. i just did a day at AVG and they were still talking about your groups exhibition and saying how amazing the work was.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    I ove this it is an een better picture of it. i really love the colours and the shapes are so simple yet jewel like. Well done you, i am so glad TC is doing it's job!

     
  • At 5:37 AM, Blogger Nancilyn (Fiberdabbler) said…

    Beautiful piece.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Digitalgran said…

    It's just beautiful Leanne.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home