Textile Tantrums

I am obsessed with fibres, thread, cloth, paint and all things textiles! Unfortunately I am also a procrastinator extraodinarire who spends more time reading, surfing the net and admiring the materials than creating! I struggle to translate my ideas into textiles - hence the tantrums!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Lutrador Samples

Oh dear, I've definitely been slacking with my online class work this week. I didn't get anything done at the weekend with all the birthday fun and have completely lost momentum! The next lesson has come out today so I will take both to the Hemingford stitching group on Saturday and hopefully get lots done there!

But..... I did go on a lutrador workshop at Art Van Go with Jackie Russell. Jackie has just finished her diploma at Windsor under the tutelage of Jan Beaney and Jean Littlejohn! She is a lovely lady, really friendly and generous with her information and supplies! I had to borrow her machine as my poor Elna has given up on me and refused to do free machine embroidery (I have had it serviced and bought a new bobbin but the tension is still wrong).

Here are some pictures of the samples we did - I plan to add some hand stitch to them. Jackie uses lutrador to make gorgeous hangings that look like rust. She bonds, paints, and stitches the lutrador, burns it with a heat gun and soldering iron and then waxes it! I think it would make lovely book covers and pages. You can run it through the printer, paint it, hand stitch on it....

1 Comments:

  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger giuseppe said…

    hi there! lovely blog you have. i was wondering what happened to the photos you have in this entry. you wrote you have pictures of samples?
    i am quite curious about the heat gun. i do that myself (did that a few minutes ago in fact), but it would be interesting to see how other people play with it. i've been trying to find a way to keep portions of the fabric from distorting. i had read wet fabric will not distort, but i find my heat gun always dries it almost right on contact.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home