Textile Tantrums

I am obsessed with fibres, thread, cloth, paint and all things textiles! Unfortunately I am also a procrastinator extraodinarire who spends more time reading, surfing the net and admiring the materials than creating! I struggle to translate my ideas into textiles - hence the tantrums!

Thursday, November 23, 2006



Thicker threads / wool / braid was couched onto a piece of lutrador. Mainly natural fibres were used with a small bit of syrnthetic. In the gaps between couching I did various free machine stitiching. This was then painted with dynaflow in purple and yellow and heated with a heat gun when dry. I really like the colours - not my usual taste.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:26 AM, Blogger Downunderdale said…

    that's a wonderful piece, Leanne

    cheers
    Dale

     
  • At 1:59 AM, Blogger Purple Missus said…

    I love all your samples Leanne. Didn't know which one to leave a comment next to but I think this one is probably my favourite. I like things that have been zapped.
    Lynda

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Leanne, the work on the lutrador is wonderful. I like every bit of it. Thanks for explaning a little about it.

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Leanne Hurren said…

    Thanks for all your kind comments - it was a fun workshop!

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Leanne - having read your lovely comment on my blog thought I check yours out!! I have only just heard of Lutrador, never used it but these samples are so inspirational - I know I will need to find some now! You commented on my wall paper postcard - I sent that one to a Fibreartfriends lass in Belguim perhaps we could so a different card swap sometime soon? - email me - anna@pumpkin1.fsnet.co.uk

     

Post a Comment

<< Home