Textile Tantrums

I am obsessed with fibres, thread, cloth, paint and all things textiles! Unfortunately I am also a procrastinator extraodinarire who spends more time reading, surfing the net and admiring the materials than creating! I struggle to translate my ideas into textiles - hence the tantrums!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Moonglow Sprays - don't ya just love em!


Joanna was asking me about Moon shadow mist sprays. These are really great! They are walnut ink with sparkly mica powder added so when it catches the light you get a sparkly gleam - yum! You can use them on paper and card, I haven't tried them on fabric yet. The picture here shows the technique I mentioned in my last post. I had some kitchen towel that I had painted already with walnut ink. I bonded this to felt and then rubber stamped on this with metallic acrylics. When this was dry I machine stitched or stamped and embossed, then I sprayed with the moonshadow mist. This makes the brown even darker to give an aged effect but you still get subtle glitz. I then coated these with acrylic wax as the ktichen towel was starting to fall apart!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Digitalgran said…

    That looks great Leanne. I haven't come across these Moonglow sprays yet.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh that's lovely, makes me want to go get out my moonglows,
    repeat to myself 'must stay focused' :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home