Textile Tantrums

I am obsessed with fibres, thread, cloth, paint and all things textiles! Unfortunately I am also a procrastinator extraodinarire who spends more time reading, surfing the net and admiring the materials than creating! I struggle to translate my ideas into textiles - hence the tantrums!

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Here's what happened to the goodies....


Well i was dawdling along nicely with this and then suddenly realised on Wednesday that yes, the deadline was Friday! Aarggh! I got the picture emailed off to Patricia at QA but I'll let you in on a little secret...the edges still need zig zagging round and the collage needs to be fixed to the canvas! Must make myself do this this weekend or it will sit on my desk forever more as a UFO!

Anyway...here's what I did. I bonded the habotoi onto silk (this makes a lovely background for hand stitiching into - I think I will use this to practice hand stitches). I stitched a grid onto this amd made little fabric collages in each square (inspired by the work of Beryl Taylor and her book). In the goody bag there was a dyed coffee filter paper, I stamped on this and used copper embossing powder. I then sprayed this and the piece of wallpaper with moonshadow mists which are my absolute favourite thing at the minute! I made paper beads out of the dyed paper strips in the bag. I added my own abalone buttons from Canada and beads etc. I really enjoyed just playing and stitching with no real plan. I am then mounting this collage on an artists canvas that has been painted with lumiere paints.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Miriam said…

    This is really nice.

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger smarcoux said…

    Hey Leanne
    that turned out great.. once again you missed a great workshop and talk on saturday .. hopefully you can make the next embroiderers guildmeeting
    Sandy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home