Textile Tantrums

I am obsessed with fibres, thread, cloth, paint and all things textiles! Unfortunately I am also a procrastinator extraodinarire who spends more time reading, surfing the net and admiring the materials than creating! I struggle to translate my ideas into textiles - hence the tantrums!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Quilting Arts Blog Challenge

Look what I found in the mailbox today! What a lovely surprise when I got home from another gruelling day at work.
Quilting Arts editor Pokey Bolton asked people to comment on her blog about the textile technique / area that they were focusing on at the moment. The first 30 to reply received a lucky dip bag of goodies. Using these we have to make something and send a piccie in by 13th October! Suggestions from Pokey include - fibre art postcard, tiny quilt, handmade book, series of ATCs, fabric bowl or fabric house. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
I have a gorgeous piece of turquoise silk, some lovely dyed lace scraps and various other fabrics / papers. There is a coffee filter that has been dyed and a lovely piece of glittery paper - not sure what that is. Yum! Just need to make something now...that's the hard part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home