Textile Tantrums

I am obsessed with fibres, thread, cloth, paint and all things textiles! Unfortunately I am also a procrastinator extraodinarire who spends more time reading, surfing the net and admiring the materials than creating! I struggle to translate my ideas into textiles - hence the tantrums!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

The photo below...

Picture below was the finished piece from lesson 2 of the online class 'self expressions'. FOr this you had to take a material / item that you really loved and had been saving for a special occasion (I have lots of these!). The idea was to actually use it and work through the fear of ruining it until you had a completed piece.
I had a small piece of fabric and bag of scraps sthat I bought at the Festival of Quilts in 2004 from Heidi Stoll Weber! Gorgeous colours in a soft, shimmery cotton sateen, yum.
What was very new (and scary) for me, is that I didn't work from a sketch or planned design, I just played around with the fabric. I reaaly enjoyed this and was actually quite pleased with the results (a first for me)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home